OUR MOTIVATION FOR MINISTRY
For The Love Of God as a service of Oasis Bible Ministry is an outreach ministry with the goal of teaching the love of Jesus to a thirsty people.
Our belief is based on 1 John 4:7,
“Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.”
Our motivation is derived from 1 Timothy 1:5,
“But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.”
Our desire is to teach, publish and/or distribute the printed and/or recorded teachings of individuals for the purpose found in 2 Timothy 3:16-17,
“All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.”
Our further desire is that these works speak to the new man as described in 2 Corinthians 5:17,
“Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; old things passed away; behold, new things have come.”
It is furthermore our desire that these works attempt to accomplish Ephesians 4:12-16,
“For the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fulness of Christ. As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves, and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him, who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by that which every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body, for the building up of itself in love.”
All scripture quotations above were from the New American Standard Bible (NASB).
WHAT WE BELIEVE
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, and only infallible, and authoritative Word of God, and is inerrant in the original writings—2 Timothy 3:16-17.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—1 John 5:7.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His soon personal return in power and glory—Luke 1:27-31, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17.
4. We believe that all men are sinful and therefore lost and must be born again; and that man’s only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and that salvation is solely through God’s grace and unmerited favor—Romans 3:23, Romans 8:1, Ephesians 2:8.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life, endued with power for service—Acts 1:8, Acts 10:44-45.
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit bestows gifts upon the believer and that the believer will show spiritual fruit as evidence of a Spirit-filled life—1 Corinthians 12:1-11.
7. We believe that every Christian is called into his own ministry by Christ, and that he is equipped in that ministry with the necessary skills to accomplish it, with imparted gifts from the Holy Spirit—1 Corinthians 12:7-14, Romans 12:7-8, Ephesians 4:7-16.
8. We believe that the giving of your time, talents and finances should be an act of worship to God, not dictated by Old Testament law, but led by New Covenant love and grace—Luke 6:38, 2 Corinthians 8:1-9:15, Galatians 5:18.
9. We believe in the resurrection of both saved and unsaved; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are unsaved unto the resurrection of damnation—John 5:29.
10. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers and that unity is only accomplished through God-given agape love—1 Corinthians 12:20, 1 John 4:7-5:3.
11. We are not a denominational organization, nor are we opposed to denominations as such, only opposed to the over emphasis placed on doctrinal differences that have led to a division of the Body of Christ. We believe that the only true basis of Christian fellowship is God’s abiding, agape love dwelling in the hearts of believers, which is far greater that any differences that we possess—Matthew 22:37-40, Phillipians 2:2, Colossians 3:14-15.
…Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full… (John 16:24)